The new version includes:
- Support for SQL Server 2008 R2.
- The passwords for SQL Server connections are now encrypted and stored in the workspace file thus eliminating the need to enter the password each time the xSQL comparison tools are launched.
- Fixing the discrepancies between the name in the object definition and the name in the system catalog. This enhancement addresses an issue caused when the sp_rename procedure is used to rename objects with sql definition such as procedures, views, functions and triggers. The procedure sp_rename in these cases changes only the name in the sys catalog, but it does not change the name in the object's definition. This particular problem manifests itself mostly on SQL Server 2000 databases.
- A new schema options named "Include objects with invalid dependencies" replaces the previous option named "Include views with invalid dependencies"; in addition to views this option now affects stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Trial expiration issue on Windows Vista and Windows 7 with UAC on. The enhancement addresses an issue with early expiration of xSQL Object and xSQL Data Compare trial period on Windows Vista and Windows 7 when the UAC is turned on - it guarantees that both tools will be fully functional with no restriction for the duration of the trial period. After the trial, the products will revert to Lite edition.
- Some enhancements and bug fixing in the command line utilities including a newly added error code that tracks script execution errors.
- A fix to stored procedure multi-line comments.
- An enhancement in the way xSQL Data Compare handles identity columns. Explicit updates of the identity columns are no longer supported and will trigger data warnings.