Friday, February 27, 2009

The 7 countries that have “lost the number” of our site!

-- sorry Mr. Biden, I just couldn’t resist!

Every time I look at the World map on google analytics, that cool map that shows where the visitors came from, I see a handful of white spots – that is countries from which we did not have any visitors in the last 30 days. I am always curious to know which ones those countries are but they are usually on the same general area so I don’t often drill down. Today it occurred to me that it would be interesting to go back in time and see if there were any countries from which no one ever visited our website – I set the range from January 1, 2008 to today and found that in those 14 months we have not had a single visitor from 7 countries out of 200 and some countries. And the “winners” are:

From Africa
  • Burkina Faso
  • Central African Republic
  • Madagascar
  • Mauritania
  • Western Sahara

From Asia:

  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Turkmenistan

Please do keep in mind that our website: http://www.xsql.com is a niche site providing database tools to database administrators and software developers and therefore, this “finding” does not necessarily mean anything. I just found this interesting and decided to share with ya’ll!

No comments: