Following is the list of the new and enhanced SQL Server 2008 data types
- date: a date/time data type that stores only the date portion.
- time: a date/time data type that stores only the time portion.
- datetime2: similar to existing datetime data type, but with a larger fractional seconds and date range.
- datetimeoffset: a date/time data type that has time zone awareness.
- geography: a new data type for geodetic spatial data defined latitude and longitude coordinates.
- geometry: a new data type for planar spatial data defined by coordinate on a plane (used mostly for maps).
- hierarchyid: used to store hierarchical relationship.
- FILESTREAM varbinary(max): a variation of varbinary(max) that stores the BLOB data as file in the file system outside the database.
You can download those products from http://www.xsql.com/download/